Starting with this issue, NovelTea is formally putting out an ongoing call for submissions. We are looking for content related to all things literary, but our primary categories, with suggestions and requirements for publication, are as follows:
A General Suggestion
We try to achieve thematic and timely consistency with our Maga. Works submitted along with a brief outline indicating why you believe your work to be 'of the moment' will be given preferential consideration. For instance, a Tale of Terror submitted for an October issue, or a poetic ode to athletic achievement to coincide with an issue scheduled to be published during the Olympic Games, or an essay on Hamlet to be published in proximity to Shakespeare's birthday would all be more likely to be accepted than random pieces from your portfolio.
- We are always looking for short to medium length poems (2-50 lines).
- Poems should be previously unpublished works.
- Please ensure your poems have been edited thoroughly.
- You will be better served to submit one to three poems in which you feel confident, rather than to submit several poems in hopes that one will catch our eye.
- We are always looking for exceptional short stories (1000-5000 words).
- Stories should be previously unpublished works.
- Please ensure your story has been edited thoroughly.
- You will be better served to submit one or two stories in which you feel confident, rather than to submit several stories in hopes that one will catch our eye.
Scholarly Literary Essays
- We are always on the lookout for quality scholarly essays and articles (1000-500 words).
- Essays and articles should be previously unpublished works.
- Please ensure that your essay has been thoroughly edited.
- Preference will be given to 'A' Level University Undergrad or Graduate Level material. This is your opportunity to share that essay that you feel worthy of an audience beyond your professor, but may not desire to develop for publication to a peer reviewed journal.
- You will be much better served to submit just one essay with which you are most satisfied, rather than to submit several in hopes that one will catch our eye.
- We are always looking for timely literature reviews (400-800 words).
- Reviews should be previously unpublished works.
- Please ensure that your review has been thoroughly edited.
- Preference will be given to reviews focusing on either the latest books, or on timely reviews of past works (coinciding with events that have brought said works back to the fore, such as an author's death, or a movie adaptation, or an award).
- Please include a star rating on the scale of one to five with your review.
- You will be best served to submit one to three reviews at a time.
Our Commitments Regarding Submitted Works
- We promise to read all submissions, and chosen works will be published here at ntbookstore.com one time, after which publishing rights will return to the author.
- We will attempt to get back to you concerning your acceptance or rejection for publication in a timely fashion (within one month of submission where possible).
- Due to our intention to publish chosen materials in theme appropriate issues, we may inquire about holding your submission for a future date, at which point it will be your choice to determine whether you would prefer to wait, or withdraw your submission.
- We are a new publication and at this time we do not provide monetary remuneration for published works. In lieu of payment, we will link out from below your published submission to your own website, ebook, or other associated online material.
To Submit a Work (or Works)
Email the following:
- Your name
- A brief bio
- A note on the thematic timeliness of your submission
- The work itself
- Up to 2 links that you would like to have us promote